Martha Balaile is a fantasy illustrator living in Cape Town, South Africa originally from Tanzania. Her mission is to figure out how magic, mythology and fantasy can have an impact on real life. She’s also the wonderful creator of the new cover art for this podcast.
Martha aspired to create “art that is filled with subtle lessons on living a magical and adventurous life.” Two of the lessons she has found:
- Go with the flow
- Be aware of fear
We explore these a bit and she shares some examples from fantasy that have inspired her. Check out the show!
We talk about:
- What drove her to pursue an art career after growing up in Tanzania
- What she wishes she learned in art school
- What she looked from working with clients
- How she switched from magic “standard” art to art she cared about
- How she decided to take the leap to freelancing “early” in her career.
- How she structures her day around her work
Her Top 3 Magic Podcasts:
Mythology Studios: Work With Martha
Just published! The Pathless Path is Paul's book about walking away from a "perfect" job with a promising future and starting over again. Through painstaking experiments, living in different countries, and a deep dive into the history of our work beliefs, Paul pieces together a set of ideas and principles that guide him from unfulfilled and burned out to what he calls "the pathless path" - a new story for thinking about work in our lives. Learn More & Buy The Book Here