We work with passionate leaders who want to unlock the human potential in their organizations
Paul founded Vivo Strategies to work with mission-driven organizations. He partners with other freelancers and works directly with clients depending on the project. We are currently open to working with clients on remote projects, with some limited travel. To learn more set up a call. If the project is not a good fit, we can refer you to other independent consultants who may be a better fit.
Consulting Services Deck:
Let's Discuss Your ProjectSet Up A Call
- Available, remote work only
- Minimum fees are $175/hour or $1250 daily rate ( I work with people that want to do great work. If you are looking for transactional work I recommend UpWork)
How I think about consulting
After getting rejected from every consulting firm in the country, I landed my dream job at McKinsey & Company. Over the next nine years working in the consulting industry, I came to the slow realization that what started as a journey to prove myself ended with me in a industry where I loved the work. I believe that when consulting is at its best, it is:
1. Bringing together different mental models from an obsession with learning
The consultant's job is to look at problems from different perspectives. Given this, the consultant's number one responsibility is to continuously learn. It is also to approach every issue as unique and avoiding the trap of believing you are a hammer and every problem is a nail.
2. Getting to a shared truth through problem solving and iteration with a "yes, and..." mindset
The consultant's job is to get people to agree on a shared truth. This means combining a structured problem solving approachwith continuous iteration. In most companies I encounter, a team may only make 2-3 rounds of corrections, where the focus is more on avoiding mistakes. The consulting approach is built on taking an improv mindset of "yes,and..." and building on each other's ideas with the goal not of getting something done, but doing great work.
3. Storytelling to inspire action
The consultant's job is to inspire action. Truth is relatively easy to find, but getting people to act on that information or behave in new ways is hard. I'd be lying if I said I had a magic bullet for this problem, but I believe that rooting everything in stories is the best way to inspire and motivate.
How I Work With Teams
As a freelance consultant, I am flexible in terms of my relationship with the client. Thinking past the full-time mindset of having a body in a chair, I am focused on finding the appropriate structure that lets me add value to your business.
Strategy Project Execution
- Independent strategy consulting
- Strategic plan development
- Project management & execution
- Talent strategy & transformation
- Culture assessment
- Mission & values development
- Talent assessment, succession planning & performance management
Coaching & Facilitation
- In-person workshops
- Training & facilitation
- Executive coaching
- Consulting Skills
- No categories